There are 20 active CANFAR Campus Clubs across Canada. Getting involved is easy! If you are unsure if there is a CANFAR Club on your campus, e-mail Devon at dhamilton@CANFAR.com for more information.
Starting a CANFAR Club is easy!
Step 1: To set up the Club, contact CANFAR to receive material, including a Campus Club manual.
Step 2: Recruit volunteers and committee members. Send an e-mail to students in different faculties by contacting the student union or the student reps for the faculty and asking to be included in their weekly or monthly emails. Set up a table in a high traffic area on campus, hand out free CANFAR materials and encourage students to sign up for the club.
Once you have a group of responsible and committed members for your club, begin discussing ideas and overall goals for the upcoming year.
What you will need to do:
- Ensure that your club has the same objectives as CANFAR such as HIV and AIDS awareness and fundraising for AIDS research.
- You will also be required to keep CANFAR updated with how your club is doing by keeping track of everything (events, volunteers, budgeting) and sending it back to us in a wrap-up package that we will provide to you at the end of the year.
Why get involved:
- Youth are the largest group at risk of infection of HIV and AIDS, so it couldn’t be more important to spread the word about the risks of this disease, and arm them with information that could help save their lives.
- Support a great cause and a great organization; CANFAR is the only independent foundation raising funds to cure HIV through research.
- There may also be youth already infected or affected by this disease on your campus, you will be giving them the support by raising funds for research.
What CANFAR will do:
- We will set you up with everything you will need! We have tons of free materials to send your way to help your events and programs.
- We are available to provide any support, guidance, and assistance you may require and to answer any questions you may have.
For more information, please contact National Programs Coordinator, Devon Hamilton at email@example.com or call 1-800-563-2873.